Before we get started let me just say that this list: “the Top 5 things to have on your mortgage website for lead capture” is based on my marketing experience. If I owned a mortgage company these would be the first 5 things I would have on my website. Keep in mind this is start. A really well setup marketing plan involves a lot more. The list below are 5 items that are actually on your website, they do not include ways to get people to visit your website. In other words, once you get a visitor to your mortgage website, these are 5 tools that you should be using to engage them to increase conversions.
- CHAT by FreshChat – If you are not using chat on your mortgage website you are losing business. People want answers and responses quickly. You must make it easy for people to contact you using different methods. With a service like FreshChat you can easily setup different auto messages for each page which prompts people to connect. People will engage with you through chat.
- Video – Have a 1 minute welcome video of you introducing the company or yourself. If you put the video on Vimeo you can have a button at the end of the video that goes to your contact page, which is a great lead capture tool. I would personally make multiple videos for multiple pages, especially all the landing pages. Videos will help with conversion of your lead forms.
- Give-Aways – Have some sort of checklist or guide that people can instantly download in exchange for their email address. This relates to getting information quickly, people want things now. Make it easy. (ex. first time home buyer checklist)
- Testimonials – These should be verified, not just copied and pasted. Reviews should have links back to the original so users can see that it was written by a real person. For example you can link them to your Google reviews.
- Exit Popup – We use a plugin called NinjaPops, which is free once it is setup. When someone goes to leave the site a message will popup usually with an offer or giveaway. For a mortgage company it should relate to the free checklist or guide.
I always relate lead capture to fishing. Not all fish are attracted to the same bait or lures. You cannot always rely on one tool or lure to work for everyone. Some people would rather call, others would rather chat, and some just want to be emailed. People like myself prefer to watch videos rather than read. So make sure you have a solution to attract each client.